Open DBDiff is an open source database schema comparison tool for SQL Server 2005/2008.
It reports differences between two database schemas and provides a synchronization script to upgrade a database from one to the other.Don't miss a year's worth of updates ready for testing: Open DBDiff 0.9
Open DBDiff can synchronize
- Tables (including Table Options like vardecimal, text in row, etc.)
- Columns (including Computed Columns, XML options, Identities, etc.)
- Indexes (and XML Indexes)
- XML Schemas
- Table Types
- User Data Types (UDT)
- CLR Objects (Assemblies, CLR-UDT, CLR-Store Procedure, CLR-Triggers)
- Triggers (including DDL Triggers)
- File groups
- Store Procedures
- Partition Functions/Schemes
I didn't found any tool like this 100% open source for SQL Server. It does not depend on any privative tool or component. I do its work without resorting to SMO.
We tested this tool with more than 100 distinct testing use cases.